Monthly Club Meeting Minutes
Mark Hnatiuk (KG5EYV) absent
Phil Gates (N5ZKF) absent
Trent Owens (AG1TX) absent
Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB) present
- Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- Ron Hambric (N5SBN)
- Bob Christian (KE5GHM)
- Gerald Golub (W5VUI)
- James Cravey (KG5ZTZ)
- Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- David R. Cook (KI5GDX)
- Joshua Cook (KF5TYX)
- Connor Farrell (WG1GEM)
- Jim Laird (KF5YY)
- Kerry Miller (WD5ABC)
- Jace Nelson (KE0MXN)
- Lorna Flansburg (KI5FIZ)
Vice President N5ZKF
Out of town…
Out of town…
- Pretty quiet for Treasury.
- Beginning Balance Sept: $5,064.74
- Ending Balance Oct: $5,098.09
- Member 2020 renewals starting in December.
Status of Officer Elections (elections to be held at Dec 21st mtg):
Phil Gates (N5ZKF) has agreed to serve as President.
Trent Owens (AG1TX) has agreed to serve as Secretary.
Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB) has agreed to serve as Treasurer (he will only serve for one more year & will mentor the next Treasurer.)
No One has expressed interest in the Vice President position…..the club desires to fill this position, with someone who is dedicated and will assume the position duties.
Both Harold Turbyfill and Mike Wisby covered the duties (as outlined in the Club By Laws) for each of the Officer Positions.
Elections will be held at the Dec 21st mtg….nominations will be accepted from the floor.
John R. Stratton, N5AUS has been duly re-elected as the Director of the West Gulf Division. Mr. Stratton has visited the w5BCS club several times, during Field Day. He is a strong advocate and supporter of Amateur Radio.
January Lunch Meeting
- Members agreed to hold the Jan 18th club meeting at C&J Bar B Que (on Texas Ave in Bryan) as has previously been done.
Club Officers will work with C&J to determine status, reservations, etc.
Good of the Order
- Don Ling (WB5CKO) recognized by Congress….being awarded the Congressional Veterans Commendation Medal, for his service to Veterans and the Community. Congratulations to Don.
- Ron Hambric (N5SBN) normal activities…..members are welcome to stop by the CEOC in Bryan. Please check the ARES webpage for information.
- Dick Zimmer (W5DZ) normal status for State RACES.
- New rotor installed on tower…the HF system is now working properly.
VE Test Session
- VE Test Session: will probably be held before the Feb 2020 mtg.
- 146.68 system has less interference, but there is some RF from the new LED tower lighting system.
- Motion to adjourn by Gerald Golub (W5VUI)
- seconded by Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
Next Meeting: 2019-12-21 09:30