Monthly Club Meeting Minutes
Mark Hnatiuk (KG5EYV) absent
Phil Gates (N5ZKF) present
Trent Owens (AG1TX) present
Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB) present
- Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- Matthew McDonoyl
- Bob Christian (KE5GHM)
- Ron Hambric (N5SBN)
- Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
- Rick Pfeil (KI5DUJ)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- Mike Wisby (KA5HIA)
- Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
- Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- Jim Laird (KF5YY)
- Matthew Barry (KG5LYE)
- Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- Ernie Pyle (KI5WG)
- Kathy Pyle (KB5QWS)
- Ralph Cobb (W5RYC)
- Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Jace Nelson (KE0MXN)
- James Cravey (KG5ZTZ)
- Lorna Flansburg (KI5FIZ)
- Bill Peterson (KZ3G)
- Avery McIntosh (N7ALM)
Vice President N5ZKF
- Listserv is not operating properly. Gerald Golub (W5VUI) has been notified
- VE Test Session at 8:00 next meeting.
- Thank you to Red Cross for meeting space.
- Previous meeting minutes accepted.
- Unable to access listserv to email out minutes.
- Pretty quiet for Treasury.
- Beginning Balance: $5,019.74
- Deposits: $45.00
- No Debits
- Ending Balance: $5,064.74
- Couple new members & Nothing in PO Box.
- ARRL Memberships gives portion back to club if completed through the club. New memberships and Renewals
- Texas QSO Party at Gerald Golub (W5VUI) went well
- ARES van was there
- Typical “Field Day Quirks” in setting up. A lot due to previous lightning strike.
- Few HF radios available, not many contacts due to band conditions
- Connor Farrell (WG1GEM) brought Flex radio for attendies to operate.
- Radio in the park dates
- Couple options 10/12/19, after meeting on 10/19/19, 10/26/19.
- Decided on 10/19/19
- Need someone to stake out table
- Radio in the park defined for membership.
- Portable radio operation, typically HF, in a local park using alternative power and portable antennas.
- Opportunity for community visibility.
- Meal at restaurant
- Aim for evening in September
- Send out Doodle Poll
- Tailgate with W5AC later in season?
- Paul Bilke (KF5WGJ) wants to sponsor some food
- Phil Gates (N5ZKF) Sent out email survey to decide on restaurant and day for Fall social. Laptop open for members to complete survey.
- Discuss results on Net Meeting.
- Need Committee to review candidates
- Doesnt think Mark will be running for another term as President.
- Important to have a full slate of officers. Email N5SKF if you are interested in serving.
- “Wide Area Wednesday” & “Spread Out Sunday”: Wednesdays and Sundays EchoLink Node Connection on VHF repeater; Small groups for Elmer volunteers will go out on W5AC listserv.
- W5AC has created a new free affiliate membership. Sign up online.
Operating Stories, Hints or Tricks
- DStar node back online and Saltgrass UHF node (Output: 443.475 tone: 103.5) back online soon.
- Travelling with radios and/or batteries. Check air carrier as to their policies on how to travel with your batteries.
Good of the Order
- Tracy Pfeil, wife of Rick Pfeil (KI5DUJ) is making progress
- Mark Hnatiuk (KG5EYV) recovering from surgery
- Motion to adjourn by Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
- seconded by Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
Next Meeting: 2019-10-19 09:30
Presentation by Paul Bilke (KF5WGJ) on Rasberry Pi