Where to buy amateur radio equipment and supplies?
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/amateur-radio-equipment-resources/
- Coupled Resonator antenna: QST, June, 2017
- Coaxial trap dipole antenna: http://degood.org/coaxtrap/
- Buddipole Antennas: http://www.buddipole.com/
- Open-Stub J-pole: http://www.arrowantennas.com/osj/j-pole.html
- Pipetenna: https://shop.heathkit.com/shop/product/vhf-uhf-stealth-antenna-kit-amateur-radio-2m-440-an-p2l-pipetennatm-10?category=30
- Tree Antenna, QST, November, 1995
- Flagpole antenna: https://zerofive-antennas.com/productdisplay/30-foot-10-80-meter-high-performance-commercial-duty-flagpole-antenna
- N6CC stealth antennas: http://www.n6cc.com/tactical-antenna-systems#
- Slot antenna: http://w6nbc.com/articles/2016-03QSTdishslot.pdf
- MFJ Magnetic Loop
- HF Antennas by Dave Land, KD5FX: http://www.bvarc.org/pdf/HF_Antennas_by_KD5FX.pdf
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/resources-regarding-stealth-antennas/
Thanks to everyone who came out for our August meeting. Good attendance and lots of participation. The VE team was present beforehand to administer tests. I believe there was 100% pass rate consisting of two new Technicians, two Generals and, one Extra. We also recognized our outgoing club secretary, Matthew Barry. Matt has provided outstanding service to our club and we will miss him while he is away working on his new calling.
By an assent vote of club members in attendance, we also accepted Trent Owens as club secretary for the remaining time of this term. My thanks to both of these gentlemen as great examples of the volunteerism that makes this club successful.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/august-club-meeting/
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/dmr-guide/
- Field Day is this Weekend!
- You won’t want to miss the fun:
- If you’d like to help with Field Day setup this Saturday, start time is at 08:00 CDT at Brian Bachmann Park.
- Radio operations start at 13:00 CDT.
- You can let us know when you can be there to make contacts for the event using one of several stations. This poll uses an online polling service called Doodle. Just click on this link https://doodle.com/poll/fzxp9mgq7af6ap7y and enter your name or call sign in the “Enter your name” field. After that, choose the times you will be there to help operate our radio positions.
- VE Testing at 15:00 CDT.
- Dinner at 18:00 CDT
- Smoked brisket and beans
- Side dishes and desserts, pot luck; bring something to share!
- Tickets are $10 and available at the door.
- Prize drawings after dinner.
- We always need plenty of help disassembling and stowing Field Day equipment. Stop by Brian Bachmann Park at 13:00 this Sunday and lend a hand. The more the better.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/field-day-2019/
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/location-for-next-meeting/
If you weren’t able to attend our recent Radio-in-the-Park event, we missed you! Lots of fun and good attendance. Several brought HF radios and I had a DMR mobile radio there. There were two hidden transmitters on two meters that provided a modest challenge to those interest in a “fox hunt.” We saw some unique direction-finding equipment.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/april-2019-radio-in-the-park/
RITP is a “go” for this Sat the 27th starting at 10am. See prior post below for more info. Also we have decided to add in a fox hunt as well around 12-1230 so bring your DF gear for that. Hope to see you out there.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/radio-in-the-park-is-this-sat-plus-a-fox-hunt/
Looks like weather is still going to be a bit nasty for Saturday April 13th so it is best to reschedule the RITP event. Was holding out to see if the foul weather was going to be bumped up or back but its still holding on to being a problem on Sat. So we’ll try again on Sat April 27th starting at 10am or so.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/radio-in-the-park-rescheduled/
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/meeting-location/