Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/bryan-midtown-park-program-statement/
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/presentation-about-amateur-radio-nets/
Our regular March meeting will be at the same time, 09:30 tomorrow, 21 March. We meet on-the-air using the W5BCS repeater, 146.680. Their is a tone required on input, 88.5Hz but, no tone is transmitted. This is the same repeater we use for our Tuesday evening nets.
I’ll look forward to hearing you on the air!
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/march-club-meeting-tomorrow-on-air/
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/remembering-mark-hnatiuk-kg5eyv/
Join us at C&J BBQ on the bend in Texas Avenue, Bryan, TX at 11:30. Go through the line and purchase some food and join us in their meeting room. We’ll have time to eat, fellowship and a brief business meeting. We’ll also make some time to talk a bit about the year to come.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/club-meeting-18-january-at-cj-bbq/
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/club-meeting-saturday-21-december/
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/barc-club-meeting-this-saturday/
- Pi-Hole: A small computer to block web advertisements on your home network.
- APRS I-Gate: Program your Raspberry Pi to transfer APRS packets from your to/from your radio and the Internet.
- GQRX: A small computer host for your USB software-defined receiver.
- Pi-ZEROW: A single-core machine for simple things like Pi-Hole. Often available for $5 on sale.
- PI-3B+ A multi-core, fully-featured Pi, usually $35.
- PI-4 This is the latest realease. Not all features are complete and it might require cooling to be reliable.
- MicroSD card (32GB)
- Power supply. Don’t cheap-out here and try to use your old cellphone charger. Get a higher-current model that has the correct connector for your Pi.
- Operating system
- Start at http://www.raspberrypi.org and look in the downloads section.
- Raspbian is good. NOOBS is simpler but doesn’t expose all the features. Others exist, for example, Buster.
- You’ll need a software tool to put the operating system on your SD memory card. If you are running Windows, Win32diskimager is a popular application.
- Pi-Hole: Utilizes a Rapberry Pi to pull advertising out of your web browsing! Read the documentation here
- Get the software from github, here.
- Paul recommends using these commands on your Raspberry Pi to install:
- git clone –depth 1 https://github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole.git Pi-hole
- cd “P1-hole/automated install/”
- sudo bash basic-install.sh
- APRS IGATE
- Another good use for the Raspberry PiZero-W
- Prebuilt images can be found here.
- Paul has additional experience with this if you have questions.
- You probably need to be running this on a Raspberry Pi 4 because it is processor intensive.
- The software is actually available through the normal raspbian installer. Click on Preferences–>Add/Remove software and search for GQRX.
- Paul recommends the Nooelec tuners, such as the NESDR SMArt4 v4 because of their shielded aluminum cases and temperature-stabilized oscillators. Look around the site and check their specifications for a tuning range, etc. that meets your needs.
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thanks again to Paul Bilke for giving us some ideas.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/pauls-notes-about-raspberry-pi-applications/
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/bryan-amateur-radio-club-dinner-social/
Where to buy amateur radio equipment and supplies?
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/amateur-radio-equipment-resources/