Monthly Club Meeting Minutes
Mark Hnatiuk (KG5EYV) absent
Phil Gates (N5ZKF) absent
Trent Owens (AG1TX) present
Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB) present
- Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- Ron Hambric (N5SBN)
- Bob Christian (KE5GHM)
- Gerald Golub (W5VUI)
- James Cravey (KG5ZTZ)
- Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- David R. Cook (KI5GDX)
- Joshua Cook (KF5TYX)
- Connor Farrell (WG1GEM)
- Jim Laird (KF5YY)
- Kerry Miller (WD5ABC)
- Jace Nelson (KE0MXN)
- Lorna Flansburg (KI5FIZ)
Vice President N5ZKF
Out of town…
- Previous meeting minutes accepted.
- Successful VE test session. Two people took the test and both passed. One new Technician Class and Lorna Flansburg (KI5FIZ) who upgraded to General Class.
- I will be out of the state during our November 12 Net and will need to have someone control the net. Please get in touch with me or Phil Gates (N5ZKF) if you have interest in running the net. I’ll set you up with all the tools to run the net and you wont need to take minutes.
- Please contact our nominating committee to nominate someone you think is qualified to serve as one of our officers. OUr bylaws require us to have the slate finalized by the November meeting.
- Mike Wisby (KA5HIA) email@example.com
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pretty quiet for Treasury.
- Beginning Balance: $5,064.74
- No Deposits
- No Debits
- Ending Balance: $5,064.74
- Couple new members & Nothing in PO Box.
- ARRL Memberships gives portion back to club if completed through the club. New memberships and Renewals
- New member Michael Tilton (KG5UKJ) and his wife Rachel Tilton (KG5UKK)
- Member renewals starting in December.
- Radio in the park today after the meeting
- Will be a foxhunt
Next VE Test Session
- Gerald Golub (W5VUI) will not be here for our next scheduled test session for the meeting in February.
- Bylaws state we need to have a slate of officers by November meeting.
- APRS igate is up and running.
- School Club Round-up this week.
- Replacing repeater feedline today after meeting.
- Ron Hambric (N5SBN) CEOC Igate is up and running at CEOC in downtown Bryan for APRS.
- Every Saturday morning at Coco Loco in College Station at 7:30 am.
New Local Repeater
- Dick Zimmer (W5DZ) Clarifications and details regarding the new repeater in town.
- 443.475+ @ tone 103.5
- Echolink Node
- Can be connected to Saltgrass System
- Motion to adjourn by Gerald Golub (W5VUI)
- seconded by Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
Next Meeting: 2019-11-16 09:30
_Presentation will be “Go Box” show and tell__