Monthly Club Meeting Minutes
Phil Gates (N5ZKF) present
Rick Pfeil (KI5DUJ) present
Trent Owens (AG1TX) present
Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB) present
- Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- Bob Christian (KE5GHM)
- Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- James Cravey (KG5ZTZ)
- Gerald Golub (W5VUI)
- Tom Small (N1TOV)
- Connor Farrell (WG1GEM)
- Lorna Flansburg (KI5FIZ)
- Avery McIntosh (N7ALM)
- Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- Ken Reeves (KE5FIV)
- Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
- Bill Peterson (KZ3G)
- Ralph Cobb (W5RYC)
- Rick Pfeil (KI5DUJ)
- Jim Snell (WA5PMO)
- John “Pocat” Walpole (K5ZY)
- Jeff McDowell (KI5CES)
- Ron Hambric (N5SBN)
- Joshua Cook (KF5TYX)
- David R. Cook (KI5GDX)
- Jace Nelson (KE0MXN)
- Jonathan Graham (KD5GG)
- Paul Bilke (KF5WGJ)
- Mike Wisby (KA5HIA)
- Mike Wisby approved as nonofficer business committee member.
- Mark Hnatiuk (KG5EYV /SK): CLICK HERE for a link to a web page that Hillier Funeral Home has put together to honor Mark.
- A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Joseph Catholic Church on Saturday, February 22, 2020, at 10 am with a reception to follow.
- Mark’s family would appreciate donations made to Hospice Brazos Valley
- Grateful to Charlie Culver (KD5DLW) for hosting 3 amateur radio repeaters!
Unique photo with the old and new towers in place. Write call sign and a thank you on the matt of the picture
Vice President KI5DUJ
- Houston ham fest march 6-7.
- June 27-28 is Field day.
- Briskets and beans are taken care of.
- Need raffle items. Need door prizes. Need donations. Thinking of ipad, guns, want to have tickets printed by May so we can have 6 weeks to sell
- Merit badge on field day. Ron Hambric (N5SBN), Jeff McDowell (KI5CES) and to be point of contact with the scouts.
- Club agreed to:
- Single ticket Door prizes connected to meal ticket sales,
- Separate door and raffle prize drawings.
- Will have box at meetings for prize donation. Want door prizes for not just hams. Think of YLs, scouts and others attending.
- Whataburger has been submitted to donate breakfast and maybe a door prize.
- Anyone interested in controlling our Tuesday nets are more than welcome. Please let me know if you have any interest.
- All back minutes have been uploaded to the website. Big thanks to Gerald Golub (W5VUI) for web site admin.
- $50 debit for cjs
- $463 membership renewals
- 49 people renewed/joined to date
- updating membership on website.
- If you bought $100 package from raffle last year, still need membership sheets.
- ARRL Renewals – Renew through us as we get a kickback but you have to renew and pay us.
- Donut/Kolaches, please tip as that comes out of the club dues.
- Reserve field day sight asap. Rick will do Monday.
- Motion to not read previous meeting minutes.
- Motion by Jeff McDowell (KI5CES).
- Second by Brad Snyder (KG5SDE).
VE Test Session
- Brad Snyder (KG5SDE) upgraded to Extra Class.
- KI5HYL upgraded to General Class.
Radio in Park
- In April, Be thinking about it. Poorly attended. Different day? Different location?
Bryan Super Park Perm Location
- Moving forward rapidly. Plans for a structure for gen purpose. Ask possibility for perm antenna, small locked closet, etc for permanent meeting space.
- Buy in from membership. Bring in RACES and ARES to make look good.
- Consider proposal to city.
- Research other cities doing similar
- Move from CS Park to Bryan
- Mesh network node
- School club roundup 200,500 points
- Couple projects
- Power supplies giving problems
- Winlink gateway located at KAMU tower was disconnected due to a risk assessment audit.
- Looking at a p-p mesh network microwave. Need equipment. ARDEN Ubiquity type.
- Very Large fundraiser bike ride. May 2-3. Changing the finish line to BCS.
MS150 Ham Website
- Meets 2nd Monday of the month at 6:30pm @ Red Cross Office
- Next meeting is March 21, 2020 at 09:30
VE Test Session
- VE Test Session at 08:00 prior to the April 18 meeting mentioned above.
- Motion to adjourn by Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- seconded by Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
Next Meeting: 2020-03-21 09:30
Presentation by Paul Bilke (KF5WGJ) FT8 messaging overlay JS8 Call