During our most recent meeting, a question arose: where can I buy the resistors and capacitors that I need for what I am building? Well, with no local electronics stores anymore, that’s a challenge. Here are a number of options you might consider:
- Digikey Huge selection, reliable, long business history.
- Radio Shack They seem to still be doing business online and, some HobbyTown stores (like the one in Waco) sell a limited selection of Radio Shack merchandise.
- Mouser Electronics Huge selection, reliable, long business history.
- Altex Computers and Electronics Mainly cabling and IT products, some audio, some electronics. They have a store in Austin.
- Electronic Goldmine Interesting items, surplus, odds and ends.
- MPJA Marlin P. Jones. Lots of inexpensive items including microncontrollers, power supplies, components and kits.
- Parts Express Lots of audio components, tools, speakers, vacuum tubes, etc.
- Newwark/Element 14 Huge selection, long business history.
- Antique Electronic Supply Lots of tube electronics parts, musical instrument tools, speakers, etc.
- Sparkfun Large selection of microcontroller/microprocessor project parts.
- Adafruit Large selection of microcontroller/microprocessor/electronic project parts.
- Seeed Studio Large selection of microcontroller/microprocessor project parts.
Brick and mortar stores: