- Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- David R. Cook (KI5GDX)
- Don Ling (WB5CKO)
- John “Pocat” Walpole (K5ZY)
- Joshua Cook (KF5TYX)
- Tom Small (N1TOV)
- Ralph Cobb (W5RYC)
- Bill Rose (K5WTR)
- Connor Farrell (WG1GEM)
- Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- Marshall Walpole (KG5IQY)
- Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
- Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- Bob Henglein (W5GC)
- Mike Wisby (KA5HIA)
- Bennie Naiser (KA5TWB)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- Jim Snell (WA5PMO)
- Steve Austin (W5SGA)
- Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Richard Epting (KG5WIV)
- Avery McIntosh (N7ALM)
- Brian Walpole (N5BLW)
- Sadly, Robert Aduddell (W5REA) has passed way and is now a silent key. Funeral service is tomorrow at 12 PM at Calloway Funeral Home.
- Unfortunately, our past President, Mark Hnatiuk (KG5EYV) has taken a turn for the worse and is under hospice care. Will keep the club updated as to Mark’s condition.
- Quite a bit of HF activity for winter field day and this morning made a contact in Panama on 17M. Bands are difficult but contacts can be made.
- CW Ops is running cw academy. Next up is April and May.
- Next meeting is February 15, 2020 at 09:30
- American Red Cross, 4244 Boonville Rd, Bryan, TX 77802
- VE Test Session at 08:00 prior to the BARC Meeting.
- ARRL made some changes. New CEO Howard Michel. Board elected to not renew Howard’s term. They have formed a committee to find another CEO.
- New magazine for new HAMs. (On The Air)[http://www.arrl.org/on-the-air-magazine]
- New ideas for what you’d like to see the club do this year. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas and will put them into an online survey.
- ARRL has several event stations coming soon. Check their website HERE for a complete list.
- New amateur extra question pool for July has been released. If you are thinking about upgrading this summer, you’ll need to study the new question pool. (Click Here)[http://www.arrl.org/news/new-amateur-extra-question-pool-released] for more information.
- Big thanks to David R. Cook (KI5GDX) for controlling the Net tonight. Fantastic Job!
- If anyone is interested in controlling a net, please let me know! I can set you up to run the net similarly to how David is tonight where I do all the back end data entry and all you need to do is concentrate on the script and the flow of the net.
- Still don’t have access to post minutes to the web site to post minutes. Gerald is working diligently to get everything working and our web site secure.
- Time to get your dues in if you haven’t already.
Take it at the next meeting or you can mail it in with the (renewal form)[https://www.bryanarc.org/join-barc/] on our web site.
- New or Renew your ARRL membership through the club as we get a kickback.
- Haven’t had time to update the web site to reflect new membership.
Announcements / Comments
- Repeater in Benchley is back on the air. Slot 1 is brandmeister and slot 2 TGIF is 444.125 PL 88.5
- Will be on N1WP repeater in the local talk group following the net.
- Feb 10th -14th W5AC is participating in (School Club Round-up)[http://www.arrl.org/school-club-roundup] and would like to make contact with as many local hams as possible to help boost our score.