- Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- John “Pocat” Walpole (K5ZY)
- Bill Rose (K5WTR)
- Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- Jeff McDowell (KI5CES)
- Bob Christian (KE5GHM)
- Ralph Cobb (W5RYC)
- Tom Small (N1TOV)
- Pierre Catala (WA1UAT)
- Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
- Rick Pfeil (KI5DUJ)
- Bob Henglein (W5GC)
- Don Ling (WB5CKO)
- Andrew Byorth (KG5JDJ)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- Brent Anderson (WW5OBA)
- Jim Snell (WA5PMO)
- Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
Out of State….
- Previous Net minutes have been posted to the website.
- HUGE thank you to David R. Cook (KI5GDX) for volunteering to control the net last week while I’m out of town.
- While in San Diego I was able to tour the Aircraft Carrier Midway and got to see the special event station which was located in the original radio room of the vessle
- Few notes from Phil Gates (N5ZKF) via email:
Sounds like a good meeting last Saturday. I’m sorry I missed it but, I’m grateful for Mike Wisby and others for making sure the club’s business proceeds. Thanks to our presenters for helping us understand more about emergency communications with ARES and SATERN.
- Our next meeting is 21 December at the Red Cross office.
- We will hold officer elections (still need a vice president candidate?)
- After we conclude our business meeting, Charles Power, WA5AIR, will present information regarding the operation of the new UHF repeater in Bryan including an overview of the Allstar repeater linking system.
- Our 18 January meeting will be a luncheon at C&J Barbeque in Bryan. Mark your calendars!
That’s it from me. I’ve been overseeing the contracted installation of a high-performance marine satellite communications system aboard the vessel as well as updates and upgrades to our Storage Area Network. I move back off the vessel on 20 November and fly back on the 21st.
Announcements / Comments
- Don Ling (WB5CKO) Spaceweather.com has a chance of G1 class or stronger magnetic storm due to some fast solar wind on November 21. Also November 21-22 possible metor outburst that could last from 15-45 minutes that could be good for metor bounce if you are set up for it.
- Jeff McDowell (KI5CES) Got to tour and meet 6 of the original crew of the USS Alabama when traveling through Alabama. Excellent tour and experience and would highly suggest if you are traveling in the area.