2019-02-12 Net Minutes
- Matthew Barry (KG5LYE)
- Don Ling (WB5CKO)
- Bill Rose (K5WTR)
- Mark Hnatiuk (KG5EYV)
- Poncho Smith (W5EWS)
- Avery McIntosh (N7ALM)
- Ken Reeves (KE5FIV)
- Doug Cummings (KG5UDT)
- Jace Nelson (KE0MXN)
- Ralph Cobb (W5RYC)
- Erik Kilmer (KN4GYK)
- Michael Narcowich (KI5BPO)
- Bob Henglein (W5GC)
- Andrew Byorth (KG5JDJ)
- Mike Wisby (KA5HIA)
- Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- Brent Anderson (WW5OBA)
- Jim Snell (WA5PMO)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- John “Pocat” Walpole (K5ZY)
- Richard Epting (KG5WIV)
- Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Texas A&M University Amateur Radio Club (W5AC)
- David Barry (KG5UZA)
- Monthly meeting 2019-02-16
- Fire Station 6 at intersection of Tarrow St and University Dr
- We have conference room from 08:00 to 12:00
- VE session 08:00
- Just ring bell to get in!
- Expecting good turnout from firefighters
- Coffee? … No problem!
- Field Day planning
- Field Day is not until June…
- but getting prize list together will help with income
- Relay from ARES meeting?
- Meeting 2019-02-16
- Additional parking available in shopping center across the street
- Do not park in front of truck bays!
- Presentation by KG5JDJ on DMR hotspots
- Show & Tell
- Get on the air
- President’s Day Coming up
- Mt. Vernon Radio Club for Washington’s Birthday
- Museum Ship Hunley
- Daytona Beach Radio Club
- Search ARRL website for stations: http://www.arrl.org/on-the-air
- Will be on DMR after the net.
- Will not be able to attend meeting
- Membership dues are… well… due.
- Website membership has been updated
- Currently 49 members
- Compare to 75 max from last year
- ARRL membership renewals through club
- Still need a few questions answered
- W5BCS gets kudos! ($$$ back from ARRL)
- $2 for renewals, $15 for new memberships
- Support your local ham radio club!
- Regarding meeting location this weekend:
- When looking at station 6 from Tarrow St…
- Conference room is on NE corner
- Side door at front of station
- Get ready to have fun with DMR!
- Make contacts
- crossover to System Fusion
- For the history buffs:
- ~75 years ago, USS Hornet was sunk in 17,000 ft of water
- Vessel has been found!
- N5ZKF: Aircraft carrier used for Doolittle’s raid on the Japanese
- Donuts and Kolaches permitted?
- KG5JDJ: Yes
- KG5EYV: No restriction; just be sure to clean up after!
- Thanks to all who participated in School Club Round-up
- Monday through Friday
- Please Check in!
- Fox Hunt?
- W5BCS: Maybe bring up discussion at next meeting…
- (to K5ZY) Anything from Gerald about VE session?
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bryanarc.org/2019-02-12-net-minutes/