date 2020-10-13 opened 20:00 closed 20:52
- Bill Fry (N5BRY /SK)
- Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- Avery McIntosh (N7ALM)
- Pierre Catala (WA1UAT)
- Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Bill Rose (K5WTR)
- Garrett Martin (W5HVS)
- Don Ling (WB5CKO)
- Ken Reeves (KE5FIV)
- Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- Ralph Cobb (W5RYC)
- Michael Narcowich (KI5BPO)
- David R. Cook (KI5GDX)
- Lorna Flansburg (KI5FIZ)
- Lance Smith (KI5ETF)
- Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
- Jace Nelson (KE0MXN)
- John “Pocat” Walpole (K5ZY)
- Mike Wisby (KA5HIA)
- Bennie Naiser (KA5TWB)
- Joshua Cook (KF5TYX)
- Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- Jim Snell (WA5PMO)
- Gina Miller (K5GKM)
- Jeff French (KM5TW)
Silent Key Ceremony
In Memory of our friend and club member Bill Fry (N5BRY /SK)
President Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Unfortunately we are not going to have our regular, in person, monthly meeting this Saturday 10/17/20. Instead we will have an on-air, NET style, meeting at the same time.
- Saturday – 10/17/2020 at 09:30 on the 146.680 repeater.
- We will also have a Zoom meeting available during the meeting. Details will be emailed out.
- I added radials to my hf vertical. Matches up better but have a lot of noise. Worked some mild dx into central Mexico and a few contests.
- ARRL has several event stations coming soon. Check their website HERE for a complete list.
- 10/18/2019 Special event celebrating the 80th Anniversary of the US Coast Guard Auxiliary established by act of Congress in 1939.
- A lot of great opportunities for contests coming up! Visit Contests.arrl.org for a complete list.
- Illinois QSO Party October 18th 2020.
- Classic Exchange Contest November 4th 2020.
- Birthday of US Navy is today. Midway was on air last Saturday.
- Prompt: Do you use an external speaker? If so, What do you use?
Vice-President Rick Pfeil (KI5DUJ)
- Unavailable this evening..
- Ideas for presentations? Please let us know!
Secretary Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- Big thank you to our President, Phil Gates (N5ZKF) for running the NET last week while I was out of town.
- If anyone is interested in controlling a net, please let me know!
Treasurer Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- Unavailable this evening…
Announcements / Comments
Mike Wisby (KA5HIA)
- I use Kenwood ts830s. Matching Kenwood sp230 external speaker with several filters.
- vhf & uhf both go through a bookshelf speakers as they sound better
Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- For many years I used a speaker from an old film projector.
- In the car I use a Motorola brand speakers
- My scanner is on an external cb radio speaker.
Garrett Martin (W5HVS)
- I have hearing trouble hearing, specially HAM Radio recieve audio. I researched and use the Heil Parametric Receive Audio System and it is absolutely fantastic! Highly recommend for anyone that has hearing loss.
Bill Rose (K5WTR)
- My station speaker is an old Knight-kit speaker I made when I was 14 years old. Big wooden box. Works great with 2m simplex!
- HF is a Kenwood sp70
Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
- I use a Palstar sp30H on hf rig sounds great and really loud.
Don Ling (WB5CKO)
- Any idea if / when we’ll have a meeting at red cross? n5zkf: Still don’t have a meeting place. At red cross we were secondary. They are still closed and not allowing anyone else in their office. wb5cko: I’m all in for an open air meeting.
Buy / Sell
Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
- I have to many oscilloscopes. Lab type scopes 1741A Techtronics 465: $100 each
Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- I have in the box pair of BF888s UHF HT radios.
Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- Need help with an audio problem on 40M tonight after the net.