- Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- Don Ling (WB5CKO)
- Avery McIntosh (N7ALM)
- Ralph Cobb (W5RYC)
- David R. Cook (KI5GDX)
- Jim Hanks Jr. (W5CYN)
- Don Ling (WB5CKO)
- Terry Field (KM5TDF)
- Joshua Cook (KF5TYX)
- Garrett Martin (W5HVS)
- Gina Miller (K5GKM)
- Lorna Flansburg (KI5FIZ)
- Jeff French (KM5TW)
- Bill Rose (K5WTR)
- Randy Field (K5RLF)
- James Cravey (KG5ZTZ)
- John “Pocat” Walpole (K5ZY)
- Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- Ken Reeves (KE5FIV)
- Dwayne Walters (W5DPW)
- Jace Nelson (KE0MXN)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
- Ronald Johnston (WA5RJ)
- Bennie Naiser (KA5TWB)
- Jeremy Carter (KF5YAA)
- James Rosser (AA5W)
- Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Ernie Pyle (KI5WG)
- Connor Farrell (WG1GEM)
- Jeff McDowell (KI5CES)
- Jonathan Graham (KD5GG)
- Ronald Miller (W5GCH)
President Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Prep and upgrades to DSTAR repeater is moving along.
- FCC has purposed fees associated with HAM licensing. Will send a link to the listserv
- ARRL has several event stations coming soon. Check their website HERE for a complete list.
- Islands On The Air
09/09/2020 | Dog Island IOTA DXpedition NA-085 K4D
Sep 9-Sep 18, 0000Z-2359Z, K4D, Carribelle, FL. K5TEN (Operator). 14.275 14.074 7.190 7.074. QSL. Bruce Brady K5TEN, 208 Mt Tabor Rd, Hot Springs National Park, AR 71913. Very rare IOTA island, rare grid square & rare county. (NA-085), EL79, Franklin County. Rescheduled from June due to Covid19. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 09/12/2020 | USS Midway Museum Ship Special Event: Commissioning of the USS Midway September 1945
Sep 12, 1600Z-2300Z, NI6IW, San Diego, CA. USS Midway (CV-41) Museum Ship. 14.320 7.250 14.070 (PSK31) D-STAR on various reflectors. QSL. USS Midway Museum Ship (COMEDTRA), 910 N Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101.
- 09/12/2020 | Route 66 On the Air
Sep 12-Sep 20, 0000Z-2359Z, W6H, Rio Rancho, NM. Albuquerque DX Association. 14.266 14.033 7.266 7.033. Certificate & QSL. Bill Mader, 4701 Sombrerete Rd SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124. Use http://w6jbt.org for certificates plus frequencies and other information. Use QRZ.com for QSL information. Get your kicks on Route 66! https://groups.io/g/adxa
- Islands On The Air
- A lot of great opportunities for contests coming up! Visit Contests.arrl.org for a complete list.
- prompt: Are you a shortwave or broadcast band dx’er?
Vice-President Rick Pfeil (KI5DUJ)
- Keep comments coming in on presentations when we start meeting face to face. We have had some great ideas and I’d love to see more ideas.
- Keep collecting door prizes for our next get together.
Secretary Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- If anyone is interested in controlling a net, please let me know! I can set you up to run the net similarly to how David is tonight where I do all the back end data entry and all you need to do is concentrate on the script and the flow of the net.
Treasurer Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
Unavailable this evening..
Announcements / Comments
Connor Farrell (WG1GEM)
- Tomorrow night at 8pm is Texas A&M University Amateur Radio Club (W5AC) first meeting of the semester. Memberships are expiring at the end of sept.
- Please review the May meeting minutes here: http://w5ac.tamu.edu/media/website/meeting_minutes/202005M.pdf (the link on the website links to the March minutes, not May).
- Testing will not be offered at this meeting.
- All memberships expire at the end of this month. To renew your membership or to join the club, you must pay dues to our treasurer, submit your membership application/renewal, and agree to the club bylaws and operating rules.
- New for the Fall 2020 semester, W5AC is pleased to announce that we can now accept dues payments electronically through the TAMU Marketplace system. To pay your dues electronically, please click here.
- Please direct any inquiries to email@example.com.
Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- New hams in the area. Please listen for new voices and call signs on the repeaters and welcome them to town and/or to the hobby.
- Email the listserve: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question regarding ham radio, and definitely don’t be afraid to ask.
Garrett Martin (W5HVS)
- I go way back with shortwave to 1959. It was fun to listen to Russian propaganda back then. Listening to shortwave spurred me to get my ham license.
Don Ling (WB5CKO)
- Old time radio days there were lots of shortwave broadcasting stations. HCJB was in Ecuador that played good music that came in strong here. They pumped out 100kW.
It was so humid there that they would get corona discharges with any antenna but a quad. A Bulgarian station was also interesting to listen to
Jonathan Graham (KD5GG)
- 75 ohm coax works great for a shortwave receive loop
Buy / Sell