- Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- John “Pocat” Walpole (K5ZY)
- Don Ling (WB5CKO)
- Avery McIntosh (N7ALM)
- Ron Hambric (N5SBN)
- Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
- Joshua Cook (KF5TYX)
- Lorna Flansburg (KI5FIZ)
- Ken Reeves (KE5FIV)
- Jeremy Carter (KF5YAA)
- James Cravey (KG5ZTZ)
- Rick Pfeil (KI5DUJ)
- Lance Smith (KI5ETF)
- Randy Field (K5RLF)
- Pierre Catala (WA1UAT)
- Joe Napoli (KG5SDF)
- Tom Small (N1TOV)
- Paul Bilke (KF5WGJ)
- Marshall Walpole (KG5IQY)
- Ralph Cobb (W5RYC)
- Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
- Mike Wisby (KA5HIA)
- Clint Loggins (KG5OQV)
- Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- Bennie Naiser (KA5TWB)
- Terry Field (KM5TDF)
- Gerald Golub (W5VUI)
- Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Bill Rose (K5WTR)
President Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Remind you to watch the weather. Texas summer pop-up storms can be rather violent. We are also in the midst of Hurricane season.
- ARRL has several event stations coming soon. Check their website HERE for a complete list.
- Aug 4-Aug 5, 1400Z-0400Z, K1CG, Port Angeles, WA. CG CW Operators Association. 21.052 14.052 7.052 3.552. QSL. CG CW Operators Association, Fred Goodwin, 424 N. Bagley Creek Rd, Port Angeles, WA 98362. www.qrz.com/db/k1cg and http://www.comm-one.club/
- 08/08/2020 | USS Midway Museum Ship Special Event: USS Nautilus first sub under the North Pole on 8/3/58
Aug 8, 1600Z-2300Z, NI6IW, San Diego, CA. USS Midway (CV-41) Museum Ship. 14.320 7.250 14.070 (PSK31) D-STAR on various reflectors. QSL. USS Midway Museum Ship (COMEDTRA), 910 N Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101.
- 08/22/20 – 08/23/20 | International Lighthouse Lightship Weekend
- TX gulf coast on 20 & 40 WA5TDK
- Prompt: Thoughts on changes you’d like to make the net? Something you’ve heard on other nets that you may enjoy doing on this one?
Vice-President Rick Pfeil (KI5DUJ)
Keep comments coming in on presentations when we start meeting face to face.
Secretary Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- If anyone is interested in controlling a net, please let me know! I can set you up to run the net similarly to how David is tonight where I do all the back end data entry and all you need to do is concentrate on the script and the flow of the net.
- This weekend: QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo
- Participate in this ground breaking, virtual international amateur radio expo. Packed with world renowned speakers, exhibitors, and special conference rooms built on a virtual reality platform. Attend from the convenience of your desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
Treasurer Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- No change on the bank account.
- ARES Net tonight at 8:30 this evening or after this net if this one goes long 443.425 tone 127.3
Announcements / Comments
Bill Rose (K5WTR)
- Notice this week we have had 2 sun spots! We might start climbing up the 11 year solar cycle.
Paul Bilke (KF5WGJ)
- Russians are going to start SSTV on the ISS.
- Dstar needs a call sign change and latest gateway software. People will need to reregister with the local node.
Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- If you are using a hotspot or open spot for your dstar equipment wa5rJ needs help
Connor Farrell (WG1GEM)
- During the semester Friday evenings w5ac will have a sstv
- 1am – 3am will link to CA’s insomniac net
Pierre Catala (WA1UAT)
- Thanks to Phil for mentioning Coast Guard Anniversary. I just finished my 20th year with the coast guard auxiliary.
Buy / Sell
Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
- WM5OMD is going to be moving and looking to get rid of his crank up tower and a yaesu rotor/controler. Please contact me and I’ll get with Tom.
Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- Hail storm & Roof replaced. Would like to put up a vertical w/o radials on my roof. About 25ft from ground to antenna base. I have been looking at a Commet 250B Vertical. Any experience or suggestions?
Don Ling (WB5CKO): suggest a Cushcraft r7, r8 or r9 if not a hustler
Paul Bilke (KF5WGJ): Hustler 4btv or 5btv is also a favorite.