- Trent Owens (AG1TX)
- Avery McIntosh (N7ALM)
- Dwayne Walters (W5DPW)
- Brad Snyder (KG5SDE)
- Rick Swaims (W5RTF)
- Lorna Flansburg (KI5FIZ)
- Don Ling (WB5CKO)
- Jeremy Carter (KF5YAA)
- Pierre Catala (WA1UAT)
- Jeff McDowell (KI5CES)
- John “Pocat” Walpole (K5ZY)
- Joshua Cook (KF5TYX)
- Ron Hambric (N5SBN)
- Bill Rose (K5WTR)
- Jonathan Graham (KD5GG)
- Ralph Cobb (W5RYC)
- Ken Reeves (KE5FIV)
- Larry Wiggins (N5LNO)
- Jeff French (KM5TW)
- Pancho Smith (W5EWS)
- Brian Walpole (N5BLW)
- Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
- Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- Mike Wisby (KA5HIA)
- Rick Pfeil (KI5DUJ)
- David R. Cook (KI5GDX)
- Connor Farrell (WG1GEM)
- Jim Snell (WA5PMO)
- Jim Worster (NV5S)
- Harold Turbyfill (KG5SDG)
- Dennis Brunson (KF5RHE)
- Mary Brunson (KG5ORH)
- Bennie Naiser (KA5TWB)
- Richard Epting (KG5WIV)
- Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Matthew Barry (KG5LYE)
- Lance Smith (KI5ETF)
- Keeping abreast of Covid 19 so we can get back to club normalcy with meetings and testing.
- Thanks to TAMU radio club, W5AC, and local hams befriending a man, Dave, in Swindon in UK. KBTX contacted me and w5ac about what’s happening with amateur radio. He was so impressed with the warm welcome and friendliness he contacted the local news. Great stuff and my gratitude to the HAMs that made it happened.
- ARRL has several event stations coming soon. Check their website HERE for a complete list.
- Field day is still on
- Still collect door prize items and we’ll collect them as soon as possible.
- Need to make a decision on raffle items pretty quickly.
- 36 checked into the net so far.
pretty quiet on treasurer’s end. Nothing to report other than get your memberships in.
Announcements / Comments
Bill Rose (K5WTR)
- Remind everyone, “ham records” reminded me that my license was due to renew. FCC.gov ULS searched call sign. Clicked how to renew, followed instructions and in 4 days it was renewed and it was emailed.
Sly Kapchinski (N5GQB)
- How to join Bryan ARC if your not a ham?
- You can be an “Associate” member. Details are on our web site.
Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- I participated in the CQ world wide with new prefix contest this weekend. A lot of fun 20 and 40M. It was my first contest I have worked and I really enjoyed it!
Jeff French (KM5TW)
- This weekend is the Poland, Nebraska, MS, etc. QSO Party. QSO Parties are very easy to work and great for new HAMS or HAMS not experienced with contests. A great way to get your feet wet!
Jeff McDowell (KI5CES)
- Anderson powerpole connectors. You CAN get them in a position where they aren’t polarized correctly!
- Live youtube feed for clubs weekly net. Maybe something we could consider?
Jim Laird (KF5YY)
- built a 250’ 30’ loop antenna that is excellent on the low bands both TX and RX.
Dick Zimmer (W5DZ)
- Worked last week to get coms between here and League City. Needed if we have trained, severe weather spotting. Not on salt grass anymore, we are on allstar. Still working on it.
Mike Wisby (KA5HIA)
- Thank you to Phil, Connor and the rest of you in working with the media regarding gentleman in UK.
- Walker County ARES doing w5sam on air Packet and WINMOR 7255 3873 on 4/4/20 8:30 – 11am
Dennis Brunson (KF5RHE)
Lost a big tree which was base for dipole antenna. w6mbc making a flagpole antenna. First day made contact with Italy. Tracked down a problem with connector and everything is working well.
David R. Cook (KI5GDX)
- Got to speak to Dave in the UK on the radio this weekend and is very pleasant to talk to.
Ron Hambric (N5SBN)
- next tues net after BARC net will have RACES net.
- no meeting for ares on 4⁄14
- Contact me if you are interested in ARES: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 145.090 igate is up and running. I encourage you to try it out.
Don Ling (WB5CKO)
- Hour before net, a lot of dx happening down south. 20M is hanging in there pretty well right now. DX is out there!
- Special event station in Mexico City: PE60 ?? Might be a good qsl card
- Phil Gates (N5ZKF): 4a60a one of nine SE Calls 4a60 60th anniversary of Amateur Radio Association in Mexico. 27th of march – 25th of July
Connor Farrell (WG1GEM)
- If you are bored, swing by our repeater, we have had a lot of traffic!
- 146.820 -600kHz PL Tone: 88.5
Larry Wiggins (N5LNO)
- Messing around with couple 2M sideband antennas. National calling on 2M has some activity
Phil Gates (N5ZKF)
- Really enjoyed hearing what everyone is doing! Its good to hear and gives myself and others inspiration.
- Send me an email if you have any suggestions for us to do in our NETs and “On Air” meetings: email@example.com
Buy / Sell
Jim Laird (KF5YY)
- Have a yaesu 450D I would like to sell. Works great, bought a new rig.